Do you want to be at the forefront of leading-edge technology in a rapidly-growing market?
Do you like helping customers connect technology with the needs of their business ? Let’s talk
Are you interested in this position ?
The Solution Engineer is a technical expert in Sinequa software focused on implementing the platform and executing quick “mini-projects” (proofs of concept) that showcase its capabilities in the customer’s context. Solution Engineers are comfortable with code, complex data sources, and technical nuances of software and hardware. Primarily pre-sales, Solution Engineers customize PoCs to meet specific requirements, such as custom UIs or connection to novel data sources and formats, but also assist customers and partners by providing technical expertise on Sinequa’s product and its deployment in a post-sales capacity.
At Sinequa, you will work with a tight-knit group of smart, driven Solution Engineers and Sales Engineers in a highly-collaborative open office environment. You will receive training on Sinequa’s software platform and exposure to advanced technology (NLP, ML) and tools (Spark, TensorFlow).
- Deliver on the technical requirements and success criteria for PoCs by working with the customer and with Sinequa’s Sales Engineers to understand the customer’s needs.
- Give presentations and answer detailed questions on the technical aspects of Sinequa – architecture, operation, and capabilities.
- Plan and help coordinate staff efforts, coach Solution Engineers, define best practices and promote knowledge sharing to grow the team’s ability.
- Configure the Sinequa software to connect to data sources, index and analyze documents, optimize searches, and present results to business users.
- Extend and customize the Sinequa platform to meet highly-specific customer needs, particularly for information access, presentation, and navigation.
- Develop custom demonstration environments and enhance capabilities of existing demos to meet specific use cases of prospects.
- Train prospects, customers and partners in various aspects and use of Sinequa software.
- Contribute to the technical knowledge of the organization by suggesting enhancements, reporting defects, sharing knowledge, and developing components for re-use
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers to understand their needs
- Experience in using/developing complex enterprise platforms and applications
- Deep understanding of the Microsoft Windows operating system and high proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Experience working in technical areas including structured data, analytics, SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (CS/IS/IT, engineering) or an MBA
- Enjoys coding and developing and the challenge of learning cutting-edge technology.
- Desires customer interaction and seeks customer knowledge.
- Strong communicator (both oral and written).
- Team player who thrives on collaboration.
- Adaptable and flexible, someone who loves a fast-paced environment and eschews routine.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, looking to contribute from day one.
- Comfortable giving technical presentations to small groups.
- Minor travel required (10%-20%).
- Experience in designing software UI and UX focused on user needs and business use cases.
- Experience with search and search platforms.
- Experience with analytics, business intelligence, or data science.
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Big Data.
- Experience with unstructured data (NLP, text processing)
- Experience or formal training in databases and structured data
- Master’s degree in a technical field.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries and bonuses.
- Stock options.
- Five weeks of vacation (in addition to 9 company holidays).
- Company paid health benefits.
- 401k with matching.
- Tuition reimbursement (conference attendance, online training and certification, college tuition and much more).
- Referral bonuses.
- Fun team events and happy hours.
- Healthy kitchen/snacks.
Sinequa embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Sinequa powers the Information-Driven economy. Companies are realizing that being data-driven isn’t enough, but to succeed in today’s highly-competitive and fast-moving market they must capitalize on the value buried away in the huge volume of their unstructured information (text) in addition to structured data. Sinequa enables information-driven operations by providing a Cognitive Search and Analytics platform that brings together all enterprise information assets and intelligently serves up the most pertinent information and insights regardless of content, source system, or format. We do this through a state-of-the-art engine that applies natural language processing and machine learning to make sense of the vast and rapidly growing content in today’s organizations.
Sinequa’s software platform brings whole-enterprise search and powerful analytics to Global 2000 companies and government agencies. Leveraging Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines and the Forrester Wave for Cognitive Search and Discovery, the world’s largest and most information-intensive organizations – including AstraZeneca, Airbus, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Siemens – rely on Sinequa to put business-critical information at the fingertips of their employees.
Discover our culture.
"We strive for a culture that establishes the priorities for the organization and creates an atmosphere where employees can freely pursue the three marks of personal achievement: Excellence, Autonomy, and Purpose."