New York, USA - February 13 2019 - Sinequa, a leader in AI-powered search and analytics, today announced that the company achieved a record fiscal year ending on Dec. 31, 2018. During this period, Sinequa recorded 91 percent growth in new subscriptions worldwide, increased headcount by 20 percent, closed multimillion-dollar contracts with several leading organizations and significantly expanded its worldwide partner network.
“The year 2018 was simply outstanding as both North America and EMEA regions over-performed resulting in a record-breaking fiscal year. As the market demand and maturity level for Insight Engine platforms continue to rise quickly, Sinequa closed an unprecedented number of deals with prestigious brands in our key verticals including life sciences, financial services and manufacturing,” said Fabrice de Salaberry, COO at Sinequa. “An exciting trend in 2018, that will undoubtedly accelerate in 2019, was the surge in machine learning projects based on our AI-powered platform, which contributed significant business value to our customers, especially in the heavily regulated financial services industry.”
2018 Achievement Highlights
During the latest fiscal year, Sinequa achieved significant milestones.
Major new customer wins including multimillion-dollar subscriptions
- Signed a record number of new high-touch customers in multiple industry verticals in North America and EMEA such as Covea, European Union, Franklin Templeton, Navy Federal Credit Union, LCL, Pfizer, Takeda Pharmaceuticals and more.
- Won a major aerospace & defense contract with Northrop Grumman, a leading global security company.
- Signed a strategic contract with Volkswagen alongside German-based partner Join to provide the leading car manufacturer better insights in its procurement department.
Partner ecosystem growth
- Expanded global strategic partnership with Accenture Applied Intelligence, part of Accenture Digital. Accenture officially joined the Sinequa’s Advantage Partner Program as a Premium member.
- Signed a reseller agreement with CTC ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corp., a total IT service provider with more than 45 years of experience in delivering innovative technologies to commercialize, deploy and manage the Sinequa AI-powered search and analytics platform in Japan.
- Announced a partnership with Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and next-generation services to deliver AI-powered search and analytics solutions to empower large organizations to become information-driven.
- Signed a global partnership agreement with Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH), one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era.
- Sinequa invested significantly during 2018 to evolve how its platform presents insights to end users, involving a complete overhaul of the user interface framework to a responsive design based on Angular 7.
- The platform evolved to embed online machine learning, enabling the application of machine learning models based on Spark or TensorFlow directly in the indexing pipeline.
- New capabilities were added to the platform for further automating the interpretation of meaning, including major enhancements to query intent and linguistic capabilities.
- A range of new smart connectors and convertors were introduced to support the goal of ubiquitous connectivity across the enterprise, bringing the entire portfolio to more than 200 ready-to-use connectors.
- Support of additional levels of encryption were added, such as in-flight encryption between all components in a distributed deployment and encryption at indexing time to secure the document cache.
Industry analyst and award recognition
- Gartner, Inc. positioned Sinequa as a Leader in its 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines1. This is the third consecutive time Sinequa was named a Leader in this Gartner Magic Quadrant.
- Featured in an IDC Technology Spotlight – Financial Services Organizations: Extracting Powerful Insights with AI-Powered Platforms written by: Steven D’Alfonso, Research Director, IDC Financial Insights, and David Schubmehl, Research Director, Cognitive/Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Ovum published a new white paper, Accelerating GDPR Compliance and Beyond with an Information-Driven Approach.
- Sinequa won the 2018 KM Promise Award.
- Bio-IT World Conference & Expo awarded Sinequa the “Best of Show Award” in the Analysis & Data Computing category.
1 Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, Whit Andrews, Stephen Emmott, Svetlana Sicular,13 July 2018.
Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, Whit Andrews, Guido De Simoni, Jim Murphy, Stephen Emmott, 30 March 2017.