SBA-Angular Open source project
Build your custom insight applications on a robust foundation with our open-source, Angular-based application framework.
Sinequa's front-end framework is fully published in open source at https://github.com/sinequa/sba-angular.
"SBA" stands for Search-Based Application. Generally speaking, in such an application, and because of large and heterogenous amounts of data, a search engine is at the heart of the application to retrieve and display only the most relevant pieces of information. Such applications typically embark on other technologies (like Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning algorithms) that, like Search, help turn raw data into relevant insights. To surface relevant information in various business contexts, "Insight Apps" is the name given to enterprise applications developed by using this SBA framework.
Specifically, in this framework, applications are built on Sinequa’s REST API (which provides access to data stored in indexes and functionality and algorithms packaged in the platform).
This framework aims to provide all the building blocks required to quickly develop and deploy rich and customized Insight Apps that perfectly match the requirements of a large and complex organization.
Additionally, the framework includes sample applications, like the Search Starter App and Analytics Starter App, which may be used as a starting point for your project.
Starter Insight Applications
Developing search-based applications to accelerate the delivery of business value just got easier. Sinequa’s Starter Apps accelerate deployment of Insight Apps, with the optimal combination of text mining NLP tools and User Interface (UI) components to quickly deploy multiple feature-rich applications tailored to the unique needs of your end-users. Sinequa’s pre-built Starter Apps are:
- The Search Starter App is a fully functional, out-of-the-box UI that includes all the pieces of a standard enterprise search application without the need for any custom code.
- For customers wishing to access insights across a large body of content, the Sinequa Analytics Starter App structures unstructured content and extracts valuable information for display on an interactive dashboard. This tool helps employees spot trends and relationships across vast quantities of data quickly and efficiently, providing insights to inform business strategy and drive better decision-making
- The Usage Dashboard Starter App makes it easy to analyze and track the usage of Sinequa applications. It makes it easy to monitor and promote adoption by monitoring use and providing insights on how to smooth interactions and increase the value of Sinequa deployments.
For more information on starter insight apps, please visit: https://sinequa.github.io/sba-angular/modules/modules.html
Sinequa for Teams
Embed relevant information and actionable insights where your employees work with Sinequa insights apps integrated within Microsoft Teams.
Sinequa4Teams makes Sinequa’s powerful search and analytics features directly accessible within the Microsoft Teams Application.
It provides employees with direct access to their favorite intelligent search applications and makes their organization’s content available at their fingertips, regardless of where it lives.
With Sinequa for Teams, employees can:
- Access the full power of Sinequa search-based insight applications directly in Teams
- Find, analyze and share content directly from Team channels and chat discussions
- Enable users to interact with content ingested in Sinequa directly
- Search directly in chats and group discussions
- Share retrieved documents with colleagues
Design your apps with pre-set analytics-driven components.
The SBA framework proposes many available components, like:
- Bar charts and pie charts based on FusionCharts or Ngx
- Timeline modules
- Google Map module
- Network graphs
- Finance module, to display extracted amounts of money of any type (liquidity, revenue, contract amounts, shares, acquisitions, debt, losses, investments, bonds, etc.)
- Tag clouds
Multiple result views
Search results can be displayed in multiple ways depending on your needs and preferences.
Depending on the ingested data and the expected search application, multiple result views are proposed, such as:
- List view
- Grid view, to display structured data into a dynamic table
- Thumbnail mosaic
The various options include:
- Infinite scrolling
- Customization of the answer item with links, tags, relevant extracts
- Info cards
- Sponsored links
- Automatically-generated thumbnails
- Drop-down lists to select the answers order< (relevancy, date, title, filename, custom criteria)
Faceted search of many kinds
Faceted search provides employees with the facility for using multiple filters to limit results according to different aspects and qualities. Sinequa offers the following facet feature list that can be set up and combined:
- Single of multiple selections
- Criteria inclusion / exclusion
- Multi-facets as a facet, in favor of a more compact display
- Tree facet
- Embedded search engine to select the available criteria
- Expand/collapse to save space when many facets are required
Sinequa’s Document Navigator offers employees a user-friendly interface for viewing their documents by:
- Displaying the entire document in its original format, as well as relevant information about the document itself (name, location, and other metadata) and the ability to include links to similar documents, prior versions, etc.
- Previewing and navigating documents and results in any format
- Highlighting search terms and extracted entities
- Providing navigation buttons to instantly jump to the section(s) of interest regardless of the document's length
- Perform an intelligent search inside the document itself
Collaborative capabilities allow employees to combine their efforts and share information resources collaboratively. Sinequa helps them leverage the collective knowledge of the organization. Sinequa's out-of-the-box collaboration features include:
- Collections that allow users to save and organize documents of interest
- Labels (both private and public) to classify and share content
- User ratings
- E-mails alerts
- Generated RSS feeds