● 93% of cloud enterprise professionals are drawn to the “big three” hyperscale clouds due to the strength and breadth of third-party marketplaces
● 90% plan to purchase products or services from the marketplace
● 70% say it is convenience of the marketplace that is its biggest draw.
New York - Paris - May 11 2021 - Sinequa, a provider of Intelligent Enterprise Search, today announced its latest research on hyperscale cloud marketplaces as it launched its own Sinequa for Microsoft Azure to give organizations access to Sinequa’s self-managed Intelligent Search platform on Azure. The research gives new insights into the importance of the third-party cloud marketplaces that are offered by the hyperscale clouds.
Although many cloud providers offer a marketplace for additional products and services, it is the marketplaces of the “big three” hyperscale clouds that are by far the largest. Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services both have over 16,000 products and services in their marketplaces, and Google Cloud offers over 4,000 products and services. Most products and services listed are offered by third parties. By comparison, Oracle Cloud Marketplace has only 281 applications and services listed on its website, and IBM Cloud advertises it has “over 170” products and services*.
The research of enterprise cloud professionals conducted by Sinequa** found that they are drawn to the big three because of these marketplaces. 93% of respondents reported the marketplaces make the big three hyperscale clouds “more attractive as a platform”.
On average, the research found enterprise organizations are running eight different services bought through the marketplace, and 90% of respondents plan to purchase more products or services from the marketplace.
The research found that the most used service categories are:
- Databases – 58%
- Analytics – 51%
- Storage – 51%
- Security – 46%
By far the top reason cited for using the marketplace was convenience:
- It is more convenient – 70%
- It is easy to try to new products/services – 50%
- There is more choice – 39%
When looking at trends, the product/service categories growing the fastest were reported as:
- Blockchain – Companies expect to increase their use of blockchain by 112% in the future
- Search and Information Gathering/Insights – Companies expect to increase their use of search by 43% in the future
- AI & Machine Learning - Companies expect to increase their use of AI/ML by 24% in the future
“Companies are now very aware of the importance of supporting employees working in a hybrid digital workplace with high-performance search solutions that integrate information across multiple applications. As most enterprise-class applications are already on cloud platforms the benefits of investing in cloud-based search applications are very apparent. These cloud-based search platforms are also able to facilitate the rapid integration of acquired businesses given that M&A activity is poised to grow rapidly in 2021/2022.” said Martin White, managing director at Intranet Focus Ltd, a member of The Search Network.
Sinequa for Azure enables digital workers to stop sifting for information across Enterprise applications and brings knowledge and insight to the users no matter the source, format, language, or location. Integrated with Microsoft 365 (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.), Sinequa also seamlessly extracts valuable information from applications such as Salesforce, Box, Dropbox, OpenText, Documentum, file shares, databases, and other data sources, by leveraging a portfolio of over 200 out-of-the-box connectors.
Adrien Gabeur, VP Cloud at Sinequa said “Our research has found that the large third-party marketplaces offered by the ‘big three’ clouds are not only a convenience for users but also driving the growth of these hyperscale clouds."
“The cloud has grown beyond its original selling point of scalable infrastructure at a low price point. It is now about having all the services you need to run and grow your business, and this is thanks to the convenience of the cloud-native marketplaces. This is what cloud customers desire."
“It is with this in mind that we launched Sinequa for Azure. It offers the most comprehensive intelligent search to extract value from Enterprise data and gain insights, combined with the convenience of being able to access from the Azure app marketplace.”
“Companies like Sinequa add value by integrating their solutions with Microsoft Azure,” said Casey McGee, Vice President of ISV Sales at Microsoft Corp. “The optimized integration of Sinequa for Microsoft Azure allows customers to focus more on the business and less on managing servers or a variety of enterprise data silos. With Sinequa on Azure, customers will have a complete platform that tackles the growing challenge of getting the right information to the right people at the right time regardless of source, format or language”.
Get started with Sinequa for Azure
Sinequa for Azure is now available in the Azure Marketplace. Sinequa customers can simply log in and select the Azure regions when creating a deployment. For more information, please visit: www.sinequa.com/intelligent-enterprise-search-optimized-for-azure/
Notes to editor:
*Hyperscale marketplace data (data gathered on 20th April 2021):
- AWS Marketplace - https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace - 16,555 services and products are listed across 8 top-level categories
- Azure Marketplace – 16,412 apps listed from Partners and 376 apps listed from Microsoft https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-gb/marketplace/apps
- Google Cloud – 4,265 solutions listed across 16 categories https://console.cloud.google.com/marketplace
- Oracle Cloud – 255 apps and 26 services listed in its cloud marketplace - https://cloudmarketplace.oracle.com/marketplace/en_US/productHomePage
- IBM Cloud – reports “A full stack cloud platform with over 170 products and services covering data, containers, AI, IoT, and blockchain.” https://www.ibm.com/uk-en/cloud
Sinequa ran a survey of 250 UK, US, and French cloud professionals who reported they worked at enterprises or large businesses. The survey ran on the 19th April 2021.
0208 819 3170